What personal information do we collect and how do we use it?
The types of personal information we collect about you depend on your interactions with us but typically consist of information you provide to us, we generate and automatically collect on our online services, and we receive from other sources. Please be aware that if you do not allow us to collect certain personal information, we may not be able to provide certain products and services, and some products and services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences.
We do not knowingly collect personal information directly from children under the age of 13 (16 in the United Kingdom or European Union) without parental consent. Our online services are general audience properties and are not specifically targeted to or intended for use by children.
We collect the following types of personal information:
- Contact and registration information
- Identifiers such as your name, postal address, internet protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers
- Order details and payment information and other transaction information
- Records of purchases and services requested
- Customer service communications
- Internet and network activity information
- Online identifiers (cookies, pixel tags, analytics tools, app tracking technologies, and similar technologies)
- Content provided in our public forums
- Geolocation data and mobile information such as your browser ID, IP address, device and hardware IDs, device type, and your carrier when using our mobile application(s)
- Inferences reflecting interests and preferences
We collect personal information to:
- Provide the products and services you purchase and request
- Respond to your inquiries and provide customer service
- Operate and improve online services
- Personalize online content and experiences
- Market and advertise
- Allow you to participate in contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities;
- Analyze our business operations, such as conducting audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, identifying usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns;
- Comply with legal obligations
We may share personal information with other parties to provide analytics services and serve ads on our behalf targeted to your interests and based on your online activities. Information may be linked to your browser or device (like cookies and similar tracking technologies) and related to you if you have a customer account or interact with us in other ways. These parties may use the information for their own marketing and to offer products and services on our online services.
We may disclose or share the types of personal information we collect with:
- Service providers and contractors. We may provide or make available personal information to service providers and contractors to process on our behalf for specific business purposes we alone or jointly with other data controllers determine. For example, service providers and contractors may process personal information on our behalf to process payment card transactions, distribute communications, operate online and other communication methods, manage offers and promotions, and provide services for order fulfillment and logistics, data analytics, computer and cloud-based networks, and fraud prevention.
- Advertising and marketing providers. We may share your information with advertisers (such as advertising agencies, networks, and exchanges), marketing businesses, third-party data suppliers (such as data aggregators and data resellers), and other entities that help us to create, deliver, and assess our advertising and marketing campaigns and learn more about you and other users of our online services. These parties may combine your personal information with their own records (and records available from other sources) for their own purposes, including for their own and other third-party marketing. We do not share payment information with these parties.
- Social media platforms. If you interact with social media widgets, share content using social media share buttons or access features of our online services that contain content or features provided by social media platforms, the relevant social media platforms may collect or have access to personal information. Please review the privacy policies of the social media platforms you interact with as we are not responsible for their privacy policies.
- Participants in public forums or the public. When you participate in our public forums (like online message boards and other forums that do not have a restricted audience), you may choose to make your personal information available to other participants, such as your opinions, feedback, goals, and personal information that may be considered sensitive. Your personal information can be viewed by other participants, and they may be able to comment on it and collect and store it elsewhere before you have a chance to remove it. We do not control and are not responsible for how others may use your personal information. We urge you not to post or make any information available that can be used to directly identify you (such as your name, age, address, email, and phone number) or you have any concern about being viewed or accessible by other participants or the public.
- Other third parties. We may provide your information to other third-party companies that we allow to make their goods and services available to you on our online services, market and sell our products, or offer products on a co-branded, co-sponsored, or cross-promotional basis. These initiatives may be offered on our online services or on other media.
- Parties you direct us to share information with. We may share your information with third parties with your consent or at your request.
- Others when required by law or as necessary to protect our rights. We may share your information to comply with or enforce the law, legal process, or applicable industry standards (including responding to court orders, warrants, subpoenas, and other requests from public and government authorities) and as we believe is necessary or appropriate to protect, enforce, or defend our legal rights (including with third parties to help us prevent, detect, and investigate security incidents and combat fraud or other illegal activities) and protect individuals’ privacy and safety.
- Parties involved in corporate transactions. We reserve the right to transfer any of the information we have about you to proceed with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets to a third party, such as in the event of a merger, acquisition, or other disposition, or in connection with a bankruptcy reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation
What non-personal information do we collect and how do we use it?
Anonymous traffic data about visitors to a Site may be collected via usage analytics tools. Such traffic data may include the IP address or other unique device identifier of the device used to access the Site, device type used to access the Site and its capabilities, operating system version, browser type and its capabilities, number of visitors to the Site, number of downloads from the Site, length of visits to the Site and click path taken, lookup information and time spent on certain pages, all of which can help us analyze, market and improve the Site and our products and services. Analytics tools may also collect other information that may be publicly available in connection with a device identifier such as general location of the user.
Third-Party Sites and Platforms
Please also keep in mind that our online services may contain links to other sites and platforms that we do not own or control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and platforms. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our online services and to read the privacy policies published by relevant third parties that may apply.
You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications from us by following the opt-out instructions in any marketing e-mail received from us, or contacting us directly (see “Contact Us” below). We will process your request as soon as possible in accordance with applicable law, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until the unsubscribe request is processed. Please note that we may still send you important administrative and safety messages even if you opt-out of receiving marketing communications. Additionally, we may send you information regarding our services, such as information about changes to our policies and other notices and disclosures required by law. Generally, users cannot opt-out of these communications, but they will be primarily informational in nature, rather than promotional.
Do Not Track Requests
Unless your browser settings are configured to make your online activities and publicly available information about your online activities (such as the traffic data described above) invisible to usage analytics tools, we do not presently have the ability to omit you from usage analytics at a Site to the extent your browser only sends us a “do not track” message and does not otherwise screen you from tracking without any action on our part.
6001 Haas Way
Kannapolis, NC 28081